Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Smells like Christmas

The aroma of hot peppers fills the house this morning thanks to some holiday preparations. My husband has been using the last of the habanero peppers from the garden to make hot-pepper jelly to give as Christmas gifts along with the fudge and caramels I've been making. Hot, sweet, homemade gifts ought to offer something to please everyone on our gift list, and we got them done just in time to take with us this morning as we drive north to visit my in-laws, who are hosting a birthday party celebrating my husband and his twin brother's 100th birthday. (50 years each, of course.) We've been up since 5 putting the finishing touches on the pepper jelly, and now it's just a matter of packing everything in the car and getting on the road. I'll be happy to visit some family members I haven't seen since June, but I'll be sorry to leave behind the wonderful aroma of habaneros. Good thing we made enough to keep some back for us...

No comments: