Friday, October 23, 2015

The Ridiculous Things I've Been Told Lately Blues (sing it with me!)

The breaking point for me came when someone who knows very little about our faculty proclaimed that "the faculty need to stop whining and take one for the team." What do you do with a statement like that?

Turn it into a blues song. Here I humbly offer the Ridiculous Things I've Been Told Lately Blues:

"Oh you've got to stop whining and take one for the team today.
I say you've got to stop whining and take one for the team--today!"
But the next hit I take for the team
is gonna send me to an early grave. 

"If you can't get it done in 40 hours, you'll just have to work a little more.
Oh if you can't it done in 40 hours, you'll just have to work a little more!"
But if I worked a measly 40 hours
It'd feel like a vacation for sure.

"The numbers suggest that this change won't cause a lot of pain.
I say the numbers show us this change won't cause a lot of pain."
But I am not a number
And numbers ain't no cure for the pain I'm in.

Who wants to add some more?

No comments: