Friday, October 16, 2015

Slap-happy survival song

On Wednesday I had classes full of coughing students and this morning I had an inbox full of messages from sick students, and oddly enough, I believe them. Lots of people are sick, both faculty and students, and those who aren't sick have been battered by this ridiculously busy week. I, on the other hand, feel great! I'm patting myself on the back for having the foresight to get my sickness out of the way before the general malaise set in.

By this point in the semester, anyone still standing deserves a round of applause. (A round of applesauce would be nice too, but it's all gone.) Let those of us who still have voices will solemnly unite in singing a little ditty in celebration of The Semester's Gone to Hell but I'm Still Standing Day:

Take me up to my classroom,
Take me up to my class,
Show me excuses and empty seats--
I don't care 'cause I've got this thing beat!
Let me root, root, root for the healthy
And hope the sick ones come home,
'Cause it's one, two, three empty chairs
In my old classroom! 

(Now play ball!)

1 comment:

jo(e) said...

That's so accurate! Our campus is filled with the sound of coughing students ....