Saturday, October 24, 2015

Lost and found in the wet red woods


I found myself at the top of a hill today, but only after I'd lost myself first. 

I blame autumn leaves. Apparently I spent so much time with my camera in front of my face that I entirely missed the sign pointing the way back to the bottom of the hill, but I didn't know I was on the wrong path until I ran smack into a barrier I knew I hadn't seen on the way up. Wrong side of the hill. Miles from my car. Shortest way back was up over the hill. By the time I'd backtracked far enough to find the missed path, the rain had started, so I ended up spending significantly more time wandering through the wet woods than I'd expected.

But the stunning colors made me smile, especially when the woods looked like they were smiling back. 


No comments: