Tuesday, January 11, 2011

And a few answers

Yes, you need the textbook for this class. If you can't buy one, try renting or borrowing. A good place to start would be the library catalog.

No, failure to procure a textbook does not excuse you from completing the homework assignment due tomorrow. This might be a good time to make friends with a classmate with some foresight.

No, I can't tell you what will be on the final exam, but I suggest that you look more closely at the part of the syllabus that states that there are no exams in this class. Can I trust you to draw the appropriate conclusion from that statement? There's a question I can't answer.

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

LOL.

I always want to say, "it's going to take me about 15 weeks to teach you what's going to be on the final. Come to class." But, of course, I don't. But I want to.

I just can't get my head around them thinking that if I could tell them the course content in one second and have them learn all the stuff, I would. Seriously, how good would that be for all concerned? But college courses don't tend to be like that. Nor is first grade, even, as I recall.