Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Powerless, Part 2

Before 7:00 this morning three different people called to tell me to stay home because the power is still out on campus and classes are cancelled. Apparently the rented generator that provided heat for some of the dorms last night malfunctioned and the power company is still working on replacing the transformer that blew out Tuesday. I've been frantically e-mailing my students to prepare them for the midterm exams they'll be taking Thursday and Friday, but some students still don't have access to e-mail so I don't know how effective my messages will be. I was just thinking about driving to campus to pick up whatever papers students might have managed to turn in yesterday, but suddenly it's snowing, big fluffy flakes pouring from the sky like an urgent message from God.

I can take a hint. I'm staying home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was one of your students who sabotaged the transformer :) Enjoy some leftover pot roast and stay home where you are safe and warm.