Thursday, March 22, 2007

Musical minivan

It's not every day that choirs of angels accompany me on my commute, but I certainly enjoy it when it happens. My daughter's college choir performed locally as part of their spring break concert tour, and we hosted some of the choir members at our house last night. This morning I squeezed six girls and their luggage into my minivan and drove them back to town, a 20-minute trip enlivened by their singing. Even at 7:30 a.m., they sang like angels. Wish I could carry them with me everywhere I go.

Last night's concert was also wonderful, and afterward a little old lady I've never seen before came up and thanked me. Me? What'd I do? "Thanks for sharing your daughter with us." That's about the sweetest thing anyone's ever said to me.

Now I have something to say to those other moms whose daughters sang me to school this morning: Thanks for sharing your daughter with me. They can sing in my car anytime.

No comments: