Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stop the Presses! Attitudes Persist!

"Attitudes Persist on Mental Health," screams the bold black headline on the top of today's front page. I suppose I should be grateful to live in a place where the most newsworthy event of the day is a persistent attitude, but still I have to ask: This is news? Maybe tomorrow's headline will be "Some Things Never Change" and Tuesday's will be "You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks." If attitudes on mental health persist in persisting, perhaps one of these days we'll see today's headline recycled for a second use, or a third or a fourth or a fifth, at which point I'll write a headline of my own: Attitudes Persist on Persistence of "Atittudes Persist."

If nothing else, it's bound to improve my mental health.

1 comment:

jaywalke said...

That's the problem these days, no one cares about apathy and no one does anything about ennui.


word verification:
vnpphbo - a toothsome fish found exclusively in the waters off Vietnam. When properly cooked with peppers and scallions it tastes like a pay-per-view boxing special.