Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Driving to work on a snowy morning

Whose tracks these are I do not know,
But I will drive upon them so
I do not end up skidding here
Into the woods filled up with snow.

My little car must think it queer
To drive without a pathway clear
Between the woods and frozen creek,
The slipp'riest morning of the year.

He gives his wobbly wheels a shake
To slide away from some mistake.
The only other sound's the sweep
Of snowplows shoving slush and flakes.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep
But I have classes I must teach,
And miles to skid before I sleep,
And miles to skid before I sleep.

(With apologies to Robert Frost.)

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

You're brilliant, Bev! Made my morning!

Bev said...

Thanks! Hope your roads are smooth and clear!

radagast said...

Brilliant, indeed. Frost would be proud to call you kin.

The Pessimistic Shrink said...

Bev -- I read somewhere that you like bringing colleagues together. I think you should bring me -- pessimisticshrink.blogspot.com and Nicola -- http://thesnarkascending.blogspot.com/ -- together. That is, sharpened penises and snarks. Other than that, yours is the only blog I can stand to read. -- Fr.