Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Unbeatable birthday

Most years I'm proctoring or grading final exams on my birthday, but a pandemic-compressed fall semester leaves me entirely free of academics this week and I have never felt more relaxed. My sweet hubby made me a delicious birthday breakfast near the kitchen window that looks out on my new birdfeeder, and then I drove north (through very little traffic--apparently people are staying home as requested) to spend some time with the grandkids. The last time I saw them face-to-face was in June, way too long ago. We've been reading books and playing with play-dough and going for walks and eating a chocolate yule log with peppermint filling (yum!) and tomorrow we're heading out for a hike. Yes, there have been presents, but the presence of beloved family members is all I need today to make me happy and to give a good start to the final year of my 50s. 

They made me a lovely card.

My creative daughter made a gingerbread birdhouse.

She says "Smoosh, smoosh, smoosh."


Chocolate yule log with mint filling. Yum!

My kind of birthday gift.

 

   

No comments: