Thursday, February 17, 2011

High-fashion slide shows


Right now the New York Times offers two colorful online slideshows featuring fantastic photographs representing the height of fashion. "Best of Breed" highlights prime canines photographed by Fred Conrad at the Westminster Dog Show (click here), while this link takes you to highlights of runway shows at New York Fashion Week. I'm sure I'm not the first to notice some similarities amongst the subjects. Where do they go to master that steely gaze? Same finishing school, no doubt.




2 comments:

Rita Kipp said...

This brings out the anthropologist in me. Both seem totally exotic, strange, and "other," but I guess the dogs make a little more sense to me than the high fashion. There is ethnographic work to be done here for sure.

Laura said...

The dog I'm interested in is the Gordon Setter. I couldn't find any models that look that "normal" though...