Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday poetry challenge: Errorless messages

If my computer insists on talking to me, I wish it would say something I'd like to hear:

File found, not corrupt
but safe and pure, complete. How
else may I serve you?

There's a message that would make my day. Or how about this one:

I found the file
you thought you lost,
un-crossed the line
you thought you'd crossed,
deleted spam,
prevented peeves.
Don't call me Mac:
my name is Jeeves.

I would never hit the "mute" button on that kind of message. How about you? Let's see some light verse conveying messages you wish your computer would send.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Dear Dr. L
We're happy to say
We've accepted your work--
and it's error free!

Anonymous said...

You're looking tired,
how about I take care of all the crummy stuff,
while you write?
I'll have the massage and wine
ready when you're done.
Sorry this doesn't rhyme.
I have limits.

D.

Bev said...

Too cool. Get me a computer that says those things!