Saturday, April 17, 2010

Down memory lane

One of these days I'll procure a digital voice recorder to carry on my long walks so I can keep a careful record of what I see, but until then, I'm exercising my memory while I walk. Here's what I remember from this morning's walk:

Twinleaf, trillium, dutchman's breeches, dogwood, redbud, spring beauties, bluets.

Kingfishers, mockingbirds, turkey vultures, kildeer, ducks, pine siskins, red-winged blackbirds, and a pair of mysterious buzzing birds I didn't recognize.

Freshly tilled fields, green clover, and young wheat with wind blowing across it in waves.

Cows, dogs, squirrels, the neighbor's cat.

Not terribly interesting, I'm afraid, but that's life in the slow lane.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find this provocative, like a finger in my shoulder.

D.