Friday, March 12, 2010

A new crop


So I'm looking in the mirror and asking myself the eternal question: what shall I do with my hair? After all, not everyone gets a chance to start a whole new crop of hair from scratch. A colleague suggested that I try some Princess Leia honeybuns, but I'm wondering whether I ought to slather on the gel and spike my hair up into a faux-hawk.

First, though, it has to grow. Yesterday at lunch a friend noticed that my hair is returning and I said, "I just wish it would grow a little faster," and he said, "At least yours is coming back." He had a point. For some, baldness is forever.

Some are urging me to keep my hair short, but the problem is that my current 'do makes me think of chemotherapy, an experience I'd rather forget. So instead, I'm watching it grow and waiting until I can actually do something interesting with it.

Dreadlocks, anyone?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, please go w/the dreadlocks. I'll write you another theme song if you do! B

Laura said...

By the way, that's a great picture!

Joy said...

Let it grow let it grow let it grow!

Bardiac said...

It looks great as is, but you should grow it to the floor if it makes you happy.

Unknown said...

Buddy Holly, or Morissey. I'm sure you remember when my hair was as short as yours in this photograph (I totally dig it) - and I think we both pull it off.