Monday, March 01, 2010

Hearts and minds

It's only Monday and I've already fulfilled my weekly quota of people crying in my office. One of them was me. We were all crying about different things that I can't really discuss openly, but the thing that impresses me as I work with faculty members from all across campus is how much we really do care about our students' learning, how much we tend to take it personally when students screw up, how much is at stake when someone drops the ball. Some may see what we do as a cerebral exercise engaging only the intellect, but we're committed to engaging students' hearts and minds, and when they reject that engagement, it hits us where it hurts.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Sounds like a long week ahead for you...sorry.

Laura said...

Spring Break is just around the corner