Sunday, March 07, 2010

Let the sun shine


While my students and colleagues spend spring break in sunnier climes, I joined my daughter yesterday for a tromp through some wintry woods. The sun has been shining for three days straight, quite a treat considering our recent weather, and even though it's cold, I can feel the sunshine thawing winter out of my bones.

Today we met up with some old friends for lunch and tomorrow I'll head to Cleveland to visit a friend from grad school who now works as a grant-writer at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. (Yet another unexpected answer to the eternal question, What can you do with an English major?) I'm heading home on Tuesday so I can get a CAT-scan and get caught up on some work before classes start again next week. Meanwhile, I'm just soaking in the sun.

No comments: