Thursday, September 10, 2009

Friday poetry challenge: how do I catalog thee?

My mailbox has been invaded by fall fabrics and colors, courtesy of the L.L. Bean catalog. Even though I rarely order anything, I love to leaf through the pages and admire the texture of the corduroy shirts, the barn jackets in rusty autumn hues, the woolly sweaters and shiny boots. Bean brings autumn to my door and makes me wax poetic.

Time to write a catalog poem--not a poem listing disparate elements but a poem in admiration of catalogs:

Corduroy barn jackets,
plaid flannel, fleece--L.L. Bean
delivers autumn.

Now it's your turn: what catalog makes you happy even if you never order anything?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, there are a couple: L.L. Bean, Victoria's Secret, Hallmark, J. Crew, Banana Republic.

Obviously my eyes are much, much larger than my wallet.

Quackademic said...

Crisp looking nature girls
look natural, not granola
in their Eddie Bauer crispness.

Joy said...

Large blue eyes with charcoal liner
tweezers, creams and powders
bright red lipstick shouting from pages
Sephora - is that you or a disguise?

Jessica said...

Anthropologie -
Vintage clothes, great photographs-

My love from afar.

The Hot Heads Groupie said...

Wish I’d been raised in a barn
Sans the pigs and goats.
Sure love all those great fabrics.

Pottery Barn Catalog,
Your pages bring me
Sparkle, style and symmetry.

O'Nonymous said...

Williams-Sonoma
Dishes, appliances, knives
I cannot afford.

Bev said...

Lovely...I had forgotten Williams-Sonoma, which looks good enough to eat. Thanks for all the wonderful work!