Saturday, January 31, 2009

Invisible Woman

Last week a colleague publicly berated me for maintaining a "secret" blog, despite the fact that I have spoken freely about my blog in the faculty lounge, given the address to anyone who asked for it, put a link to my blog on my Facebook page, and even printed the address in my annual Christmas newsletter.

This week a campus committee sent me a form letter full of the usual passive-voice language one expects from a committee burdened with informing unfortunate nominees that they will not be receiving any teaching prizes this year, but they also committed the further indignity of spelling my name incorrectly.

One of these days I'll just change my name to Mudd and go live under a rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes!

Unknown said...

Absolutely ridiculous. Hardly the treatment that you deserve, Dr. H.