Thursday, October 08, 2020

True colors

A colleague I haven't seen in a while said to me today, "I see you've stopped coloring your hair," which is about on par with asking a woman when the baby's due without first confirming that she's actually pregnant. I haven't stopped coloring my hair because I never started! It's going gray because I'm getting old and stressed out and don't have time for a haircut--and the longer my hair gets, the more the gray shows. And I had my bangs pulled back today because I went out for a fall-color hike this morning and didn't want sweaty bangs hanging in my eyes. 

So yeah, I'm getting gray, but in other news, the woods outside are getting all kinds of exciting colors and the lake at Mountwood Park this morning was like a mirror. Frankly, I'd much rather look into that mirror than stare at my rapidly graying hair. When the trees stop coloring their leaves, that's when I'll start to worry.












No comments: