Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Keeping the info humming


To anyone wondering why it takes me so long to respond (to e-mails, Facebooks posts, blog comments, whatever): my home internet access stinks. Weather patterns affect coverage and summer is the worst, so I sometimes go days at a time unable to access the simplest thing. I owe a ton of people apologies but I'm hoping they're too relaxed to notice how inaccessible I've been.

This is, I remind myself, one of the drawbacks of living in the part of the county that every available internet company covers under the clause "coverage not available in remote areas." Remoteness and inaccessibility go hand-in-hand, but most of the time it doesn't matter much because I'm on campus. Summers, though, are difficult. I sit staring at the little circle spinning on my laptop, hoping that the alleged "loading" taking place will actually result in something readable, but before too long I get bored with waiting and go outside to check on the hummingbirds. They're much quicker and more satisfying than my internet access--so why not enlist the hummingbirds to carry bits of info from here to there? 
 
C'mere, little hummies. Let me make you an offer you can't refuse!  

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hey! They did it with pigeons upon a time!