Someone must have heard me saying that it's time for the fun to start because all week I've been involved in a multi-player game of Musical Offices. At various times during the week I have received the following messages from people involved in the transition:
1. I'd better mark the furniture in my new office so the Physical Plant staff can remove what I don't need!
2. The Physical Plant is working on other projects so no one is available to move furniture.
3. I'd better pick out a paint color so the office can be painted on the earliest rainy day!
4. See point 2, only replace "move furniture" with "paint offices."
5. With no one available to help with this move, maybe we'd better postpone it until winter break.
6. Someone else has been promised my current office but can't move in until I move out, so I'd better get moving!
7. See points 2 and 4.
8. Well okay, maybe some people may be available for moving furniture, but I'll have to do the painting myself, so I'd better hurry up and pick out some paint colors!
This afternoon I'm playing phone-tag with the person who can give me the final definitive word on the topic. At least I hope it's the definitive word. I'd hate to be the last one standing when the music stops.