Sunday, June 16, 2013

Back home for the win!

Nothing against Louisville, but I'm happy to be home! Top ten reasons:

10. Fresh lettuce from the garden and home-grown horseradish on bratwurst for lunch.

9. A list of chores--pruning azaleas, pinching basil buds, weeding rows of beans--that will take me out into the sunshine (as soon as the rain lets up).

8. A whole family of house finches gathering around the birdfeeder all at once.

7. Hopeful's expectant expression after she corners a chipmunk just out of reach and waits for it to fall or leap back into chasing range.

6. Reading the Sunday Columbus Dispatch on my comfy sofa is SOOOO much more pleasant than reading student essays in a big harshly-lit room full of straight-backed chairs.

5. Especially if I'm also listening to the Cleveland Indians on the radio.

4. With AP grading behind me, I can look ahead and plan our next canoeing outing and a visit to baby Elizabeth.

3. My son's new haircut and his quirky take on news of the world.

2. I may not have piles of pillows or invisible maids to fluff them up, but there's nothing better than sleeping in my very own bed.

1. With my very own husband.

2 comments:

Spanish prof said...

Do they let you listen to the radio? I don't think that would fly in Cincy for the Spanish exam. I still have 2 more days to go...

Spanish prof said...

Oh, you are listening to the Indians now, at home... Sorry, brainless.