Thursday, May 02, 2013

Time for a reboot

I have a pile of papers to grade so naturally I've been fiddling with the template of my blog to try to make commenting work more consistently. I really like the dynamic templates, but if people can't comment, what's the point? This is supposed to be a conversation within a community, but one-way conversations simply aren't any fun. So give it a try and tell me how you like it.

Also, I'm working on updating my links. In the past I've been a little stingy with links, mostly because it's a pain to keep them updated. However, I'm ready for a reboot. Want to be linked? Send me a note and if you're not a money-grubbing robot, I'll add you.

I've been writing this blog since January 2006 for a total of 2194 posts and sometimes I wonder whether I ought to be doing something more important, like, maybe, grading papers, writing assessment reports, or even mowing the lawn. However, this blog serves as a sanity-preserver (for me--and I hope for you too!) and sanity is a rare enough commodity in academe that it's worth preserving. 

So I carry on. Another day, another template. Let's hope this one works!

4 comments:

Bardiac said...

The comment thing showed up right off, without me having to open the post in a new screen! Yay!

I'd like a link, please. Though I just may be a money grubbing robot. If I am, alas, I'm not very successfully grubbing money.

Bev said...

Yay! And you'll note that your link is already in place way down below the labels. Come to think of it, I may want to reverse that...links above labels or labels above links? Too many decisions!

Laura said...

Hey mom! I'm commenting again! You certainly preserve my sanity.

radagast said...

The lengths we'll go to to avoid grading, what? Glad to have found your blog. Here's a link to mine: www.radagast-husker-du.blogspot.com

To sanity! And/or an end to grading.