Thursday, May 16, 2013

Real hands-on research


I've been telling my colleagues I'm spending the summer working on a hands-on research project on methods of grandparenting. Am I going to be the kind of grandma who won't shut up about her grandkids? Um, what else is there to talk about?

At one day old, Elizabeth Jeanelle Williams excels at nursing, sleeping, and looking adorable. She has long piano-player fingers and she likes to curl her fist up next to her cheek as if she's thinking profound thoughts. When she yawns, it looks like she's trying to turn her face inside-out. I could spend the entire day looking at her and come back for more tomorrow. In fact, I think I will.

  
 

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Elizabeth is a lovely little person, and what a fine name. (If I'd had a daughter, I'd have named her Elizabeth.)
Will you call her Beth? Betsy? Betty? Liz? Liza? Lizzie? Sport?

Bev said...

There's no telling how the name might get shortened. So far, she's been called Elizabean, Elizabear, and Elizabundle. She was very alert today. I love it when she gets startled and throws her arms out as if preparing to direct a symphony.

Bardiac said...

I think Gloriana! It's obvious!

Who's queen?

Bev said...

Great idea! She's certainly a glorious baby!

Quackademic said...

She's adorable. She should visit us soon. :-)