Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Meadow madness

I wish I could show you what I saw tonight when the sun peeped out from behind a cloud and sent glints of golden light dancing across the fuzzy tops of the tall grasses in the meadow, transforming the flat monotonous green to undulating waves of rustygolden yellowgreen, and then those three tawny deer bursting into motion across the meadow, their white tails bouncing above the grasses and the dark shape of Hopeful dashing off in pursuit despite the fact that she hadn't any hope of catching them, and then the deer leaping above the spiky purple thistle blossoms and disappearing into the woods, and then the sun going back behind the cloud, taking along the glimmer and glisten and rustygolden yellowgreen. I wish I could show you but I can't so you'll just have to go out and see for yourself.

No comments: