Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Just Moodling around

Here I am at 4:03 Tuesday morning, wide awake and aware that classes begin next Monday. I'm feeling refreshed after a long weekend with family, but having done no work in the past three days, I'm feeling a bit frantic about everything I need to do this week, especially Moodling.

We've switched our campus course management system from WebCT to Moodle, so I've gone to some training sessions on the new system and last week I started putting a bunch of course material online. So far, I find Moodle much more intuitive than WebCT and much more fun, but on the other hand, I've also been finding the wrong way to do just about everything. I know it'll get easier as we go along, but right now, Moodle seethes just below the surface of awareness and occasionally rises to rudely awaken me.

The irony, of course, is that I can't even work on Moodle from home because it would take forever to load on my slow dial-up connection. Do I dare go in to my office this early in the morning? I could go back to bed, but it's hard to sleep when my brain won't stop Moodling around.

Maybe drugs would help. Where do I find anti-Moodling meds?

1 comment:

Quackademic said...

No anti-Moodle meds here--but if you get stuck with your Moodle stuff, I can probably help you.