Saturday, March 04, 2006

Chili nirvana

There's nothing better on a cold day than the smell of homemade chili wafting through a warm house. The crock pot has been bubbling all morning, significantly spicing up my mundane Saturday activities: paying bills, plugging numbers into an online FAFSA, and grading papers featuring sentences like "During certain time periods, specific events were taking place in history." Every once in a while I reward myself by tasting the chili--just to make sure the spices are correct. Since we've started grinding our own chilis into chili powder, I have to be careful how much I put in; just a dab too much and the chili is inedible. But this batch would please even Goldilocks, assuming that Goldilocks likes her chili hot. We'll serve it with some homemade bread made by the househusband and forget all about bills, forms, and papers. Tonight's menu: chili nirvana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So stop reading her, then.