Sunday, March 07, 2021

Why do they think my road is a landfill?

It's a gorgeous Sunday afternoon--sun shining, birds singing, daffodil buds popping up out of the ground--but instead of enjoying all the beauty, I'm bending over a muddy ditch picking up a Bud Light can and trying not to slip and fall on my butt in the mud. It took me about ten minutes to pick up 57 pieces of trash along a short stretch of road that follows our creek, but the horrible thing is that I could have picked up twice as much if I'd had extra arms or a bigger bucket. Some very thirsty Bud Light drinker seems to think my rural road is a landfill, and I don't know how to make him stop. (Is it sexist to assume that a person who regularly tosses beer cans out of car windows is male? Convince me otherwise.) 





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sigh...In an effort to statistically prove more women drink beer, i have struck out. Sigh...In a survey of my friends and family i have also learned there is a preponderance of male beer drinkers. Sigh...in advertising there also appears to be an overwhelming number of male beer drinkers. And finally...Sigh...In questioning two bartenders with whom i am acquainted, both shared their anecdotal evidence that male drinkers prefer beer far more than their female friends. However...and to me this conclusion trumps all the “research” presented above, I, a male, personally almost never drink beer yet my wife, a female, almost exclusively drinks beer. So that proves it...those cans you retrieved were definitely(ish) thrown there by a female.

Bev said...

Well I wish you'd tell her to come and pick them up herself!