Thursday, August 14, 2014

Summer sweetness

The reward for all that weeding: sweet corn fresh from the garden! The solar electric fence is doing a great job keeping the raccoons and deer away from the corn, but if you take your harvest out on the back porch to shuck it, you'd better be willing to share with Hopeful!

In other news, I have somehow promised to do various important things for various important people and groups at 11 different times next week, plus possibly a twelfth on Monday. Up until today, I had Monday free, but NOOOO. It's nice to be needed, but this is ridiculous. What have I done to myself?

Ah, but that's next week. I still have a smidgen of this week to enjoy, and that means sweet corn today and getting the canoe out on a nice quiet lake tomorrow. I intend to squeeze the last bit of sweetness out of summer in hopes that it will carry me through the deluge.

No comments: