Friday, February 14, 2014

Going forth empty-handed

Three times this week various commitments kept me on campus for 14 or more hours but now it's Friday the 14th and I'm going forth from here (after a two-hour meeting) with not a single student paper in my bag. I've prepped Monday's classes so I'm leaving books and laptop behind and going home for the weekend utterly empty-handed. 

Here's what I hope those empty hands will hold over the next two days:


my adorable granddaughter
a mug of spiced chai
some messy fish tacos
my camera equipped with its new/old lens
some dog treats during a walk with the hound
my Kindle full of books unrelated to classes
the Methodist hymnal
and did I mention my adorable granddaughter?

Empty hands--full heart! 
 

1 comment:

Bardiac said...

Have a lovely weekend!