Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wrong-footed

Once years ago I noticed in the middle of a church service that I was wearing two different shoes. They were both black pumps, but the ornamentation was different and one heel was about half an inch higher than the other.  No wonder I kept feeling off-balance...

Nobody noticed, of course.

I wonder whether anyone will notice this morning's faux pas? How did I get all the way to my office without noticing that I was wearing two different shoes--and they're not even the same color?!!

But I'm sure no one will notice. So let's keep this between you and me, okay? Our little secret. 

3 comments:

radagast said...

Ha! Love it. Just make up some metaphorical reason why you did it, this dressing outside the (shoe)box.

Bev said...

I told my morning class I'm conducting a psychological experiment on them. Not sure they believed me! I suppose I'll get comments on my annual evaluations: "Dr. Hogue must be getting senile--she can't even dress herself!"

Bardiac said...

That's why it's best to only have a few pairs of easily distinguished shoes!

Snow boots, hiking boots, sneakers, Tevas, biking shoes, running shoes, and we're done!