Thursday, October 10, 2013

Random bullets of recovering from fall break

Thursday? THURSDAY? How can today be Thursday when yesterday was Monday? Oh wait...right. Thursday.


After all the time I've spent unpacking and putting stuff away, why does my house look like the debris field left after a cargo plane explosion? Whose socks are on the breakfast bar? Why is the ice chest sitting in the living room? Did my shampoo bottle give birth to a whole bunch of tiny baby shampoo bottles?

What's in the fridge? Leftover cheese and crackers, some sort of rice casserole assembled sometime last week, a single tomato, and a glass of orange juice. Want to make something of it?

Papers? PAPERS? How can students be handing me more papers to grade when I just finished a pile of papers? Oh wait...right. Another class. Papers.

Why no, I do not want to attend a meeting on Thursday that was just announced yesterday to kick off a task force I volunteered for in August to complete a task that's due in May. Not at all. Unless, that is, someone can squeeze an extra day into my week so that it won't yet be Thursday. Because you know what comes after Thursday!

At least I hope you do. As for me, I haven't a clue.
 



 

No comments: