Monday, March 11, 2013

Spring broken

Do I look relaxed enough?
Spring break!!!!!! And I've spent the entire morning preparing a presentation for my Learning in Retirement class. That's right: working. 

But it's fun work, much more fun than figuring out what's wrong with my Comedy class and how I can fix it for the second half of the semester. (Nobody likes Nathanael West. Maybe they're too young...reading West requires a certain jadedness, a wee smidgen of cynicism, a dollop of dolor. Can perky students appreciate Miss Lonelyhearts?)

It's noon now, though, so soon my adorable daughter will be done with work and we'll go out for lunch and shopping. We had hoped for a hike this afternoon but the weather is too cold, wet, and ugly, so we'll walk around the mall instead. (Wimps.) Which reminds me: I need new walking shoes, and a vacuum cleaner, and lentils and almond extract, and of course we need to look at baby stuff. We're clearly not doing any one-stop shopping today.

My son-in-law analyzed the canoe-slippage situation and figured out a better way to secure the Scout. Tomorrow morning I'll be on my way south again, heading for home (and a whole pile of housework, class preps, and baby shower tasks). At some point this week I need to write the paper I'm delivering in Savannah next month...but first, lentils and vacuums and babies, oh my!    

No comments: