Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ladder love

So I came back to my office after class and had to squeeze past a ladder blocking my door. It's a big ladder and vividly blue, not at all appropriate with the muted earth tones in my office, so I don't intend to keep it in my office, so my colleague next door and I were discussing what to do with it: drape it with fabric and call it a sculpture? Hang plants from the rungs? Pretend it isn't there (which would be difficult considering how effectively it blocks the door)?

"Why don't we hide it?" she said. "Then when the worker comes back, we can act dumb and say, 'What ladder? I didn't see a ladder.'"

We considered it briefly, but where would we hide a ladder, and then who would replace the damaged ceiling tile?

So for the moment, I'm living with a big blue ladder. One of these days I'll teach it to do tricks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Put a big stack of textbooks in his path. When he looks confused/annoyed, just smile sweetly and walk past him. :) Betsy