Friday, November 02, 2007

Signing my week away

Hypothesis: there is an inverse relationship between the number of students seeking my signature on little pieces of paper during the week and the number of brain cells still functioning by Friday afternoon.

What a week. I have endured budget meetings, pedagogy meetings, and career center meetings. I have met with my advisees, other people's advisees, and my capstone students. I have fielded requests for special treatment from angry seniors, pleading juniors, befuddled sophomores, and whiny colleagues. (I expect to hear from the freshmen next week.)

I have worked out, walked out, and wigged out, and now I'm worn out. But the good news is that the weekend is on the way! I'll take a pile of papers home, but anyone who comes to me looking for a signature is going to be sorely disappointed.

No comments: