Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mega-meta-blogging-blocker

You're not writing about that, are you?

Sure I am. Why not? It's a great story.

But you're angry. 

For a good reason!

You know it's a mistake to write while you're angry. 

Shut up. Go away.

You'll regret it later! And what if you have to apologize?

So? I've apologized before and it didn't kill me.

But you wouldn't have had to apologize if you'd listened to me!

Now you're really making me angry. 

Why do you have to complain all the time anyway? Don't you have something a little happier to write about?

What, like how I just totally smashed my students' love affair with Robert Frost? Hurray for me, turning bright-eyed optimists into bitter cynics!

What about the weather? You could write about the weather!

Warm air, sunshine, blah blah blah, but down here in my dungeon office I'm wrapped in a blanket and wishing I had a great big dog to keep my feet warm. 

Such a whiner. I'm sure you could find a bright side if you tried hard enough!

Sure, but writing about the bright side would reveal the outlines of the dark side as well. Casting sunshine on the matter would only draw attention to the shadows.

Stay away from the shadows! You can't write about the shadows!

Sure I can. Just watch--!!

Stop! You might embarrass someone!

Maybe they deserve to be embarrassed.

What, now you're handing out bad-behavior tickets? What are you, the self-appointed Chief of the Collegiality Police?

Go away and leave me alone!

Keep handing out those tickets and you'll know what it means to be alone--for good.

Shut up and let me write!

But not about that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't do this. You have to write about "that" now! Inquiring minds want to know. :)