Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Neverending story

Woo-hoo I've just finished grading a massive pile of papers and I'm prepped for tomorrow's classes and I don't have to take any work home with me so I think I'll pop a pork tenderloin and some root veggies into the oven and go out for a walk in the fresh fall air!!!!!

Okay, so maybe I've used up more than my daily quota of exclamation points, but I've been digging my way through this pile of papers since the middle of last week and I can't believe they're finally done: drafts in one class, short essays in three others, plus two sets of online discussion posts. These papers ate my weekend alive and devoured my peace of mind but now I'm at the end and I can take a break!

Until tomorrow, when I'll be receiving another set of online discussion posts, followed by another set of essays on Friday, and isn't it about time to start figuring out the online proctoring system and writing my first set of exams?

It never ends, but neither do I. No days off and no breaks until Thanksgiving, and I can't travel anywhere because of the pandemic, so I've promised myself a vacation as soon as this semester is over. I haven't been anywhere but home and Jackson since March and I don't really care where I go, but the minute those final grades are submitted in November, I'm outta here, headed straight toward the grandkids if at all possible.

Meanwhile, though, I'm going home to cook and walk and not think about grading for one single minute. Until tomorrow.

 

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, it's totally possible!

Bev said...

Can't wait!