Friday, June 12, 2020

Spidey-senses tingling!

Here's a sure sign of changing seasons: these days when I hike in the woods, I'm using my walking stick less for keeping balance on muddy paths and more for knocking spider webs out of the way. Despite my best efforts, I got a face full of spider web at several points this morning, but I'm just glad it was so early that the mosquitoes weren't buzzing me.

Wednesday's violent storms knocked down many trees and limbs all over Lake Katharine, but the maintenance crew did fabulous work clearing debris off the trails. There's not much blooming out there right now but I found one patch of rattlesnake plantain sending up shoots. I'll have to keep an eye on that--which will require more hikes in the woods, and more opportunities to watch out for spider webs. So exciting! I am all aquiver with anticipation.






 

 

No comments: