Saturday, November 02, 2019

Those grading-on-a-gorgeous-day blues (sing it with me!)

I've got those can't-go-outside-until-I-finish-gradin'-papers blues.
Oh I've got those can't-go-outside-until-I-finish-gradin'-papers blues.
But instead of sittin' here cryin'
I'm puttin' on my big-girl shoes.

Oh I've graded annotated bibliographies so it's time to tackle honors exams.
I say I've graded annotated bibliographies so it's time to tackle honors exams,
and then American Lit essays--
my grading inbox is simply gettin' slammed.

Well my eyes are gettin' blurry and my fingers just don't want to hold a pen.
I say my eyes are gettin' blurry and my fingers just don't want to hold a pen.
Oh will someone please remind me
why I put so many assignments on the syllabus way back when.
(And one of these days I'll up and retire
so I'll never grade papers on a weekend again.) 

 

No comments: