Friday, March 23, 2018

Dancing into the weekend

Let's do the Friday happy-dance! My students refused to do the happy-dance in class this morning, possibly because I subjected both morning classes to a pop quiz on their reading. (Yes, I am a horrible human being.) When my afternoon class asked me to demonstrate my Friday happy-dance, I told them I was dancing internally and they said that was a cop-out, which is true, but if you value your appendages, you don't ask a klutz to dance. Internally, though, I'm be dancing like Snoopy on top of Schroeder's piano.

Friday! Piles of papers to grade and poems to read and beans to cook and floors to sweep, but the alarm clock won't wake me up at 5 a.m. tomorrow and I can grade those papers while wearing pajamas and drinking hot tea in front of my favorite bird-watching window. I can go to the choir concert and not worry about being out too late, and I may even find time for that elusive haircut. Plus there's Palm Sunday and the possibility of sunshine and turkeys gobbling in the woods and daffodils lifting yellow faces to the sky--and hours and hours of unstructured time stretching ahead of me until I have to be back in class at 9:00 Monday.

Better get a head start on the festivities or I'll never achieve my weekend goals. On my mark--get set--loaf! 

No comments: