Friday, March 30, 2018

And grandbaby makes three

This afternoon my grandson kept practicing his rudimentary sentence-generating skills. "Baby here," he said, and he was right: baby is here, and she's a beauty. Grandbaby number three is a beautiful girl, 9 pounds 14 ounces with curly hair and healthy lungs but so far no name. (They're working on it.)

And Grandma is here too, for which I am grateful. I woke up at 4 a.m. with a bad case of the fidgets, unaware that my daughter was going into labor 100 miles away, but I was soon made aware and made tracks up the highway so I got to hold the little one when she was brand new and then watch her meet her siblings. She seemed distinctly unimpressed with the big wide world and her boisterous family, but she's got time to get to know us. 

And I have the whole weekend to get to know her before I have to get back to work. Welcome to the world, little one! It's a happier place with you in it.





2 comments:

Bardiac said...

So happy for you and your family! Welcome, Little Excelsior!

Bev said...

Funny, but "Excelsior" was one of the names that was tossed into the ring yesterday. However, it quickly got tossed right back out.