Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Dr. Demanding strikes again!

Further evidence that I'm totally unreasonable and heartless and the most demanding professor in the whole entire world:

Yes, I expect you to know the titles and authors of the stories covered on the midterm exam. Nine titles, nine authors. Pretend they're song lyrics and you'll do fine.

I realize that your SmartPhone is really, really smart--certainly much smarter than my IntellectuallyChallengedPhone--but it's not smart enough to learn the material or take the exam for you, so tell it to be quiet during class.

Of course I understand that you had expected to get a better grade on the paper. What I don't understand is how you expected to get a better grade without taking any notice of the suggestions your classmates and I made on your draft. Did you expect the paper to revise itself?

I know you're tired. We're all tired--it's the tired time of year. We would all love to put our heads down on the desk and take a nap, but we have work to do and we'd like to do it without being distracted by your snoring. So sit up and get to work or go back to the dorm where you can sleep in peace. 

Now let's get back to work! 



 

No comments: