- No how big (or small) the campus, parking is a problem--but the early bird catches the parking space.
- Cheese-stuffed olives, breaded and deep-fried: so good they're evil.
- There are wonderful students everywhere, but no students are more wonderful than my students.
- What do you call a college bookstore that stocks more T-shirts than books?
- Let's give a big shout-out to academic archivists, guardian angels of special collections and always eager to assist researchers.
- To inspire a universal groan from any assemblage of academics, just use the A-word: Assessment.
- Our popular media may prefer to portray professors as stiff and arrogant, but I don't see it. So many busy professors have taken time to talk to me about their specialties that I don't know how I'll ever thank them all. I just hope that I can be just as gracious to those who need help from me.
Friday, January 27, 2012
Angelic archivists and other observations
Random observations on visiting college campuses: