Monday, October 10, 2011

Breaking away

Within the first five minutes after I arrived on campus this morning, three different people asked me what I'm doing here during four-day break (which really ought to be called "extra-long weekend"--but don't get me started). Here's what I did during the first half of my so-called four-day break: 
Traveled across the state, chatted with my son, played Bananagrams (repeatedly), giggled at Galaxy Quest, rambled in the woods with my adorable daughter, photographed mushrooms and milkweed and purple asters, helped my daughter shop for an interview suit, watched my daughter and son-in-law cook, ate really good pancakes, washed dishes, enjoyed an exhilarating worship service, graded midterm exams, leaned back in a lawn chair admiring yellow leaves while composing haiku, finished reading a very long book that would have been just as tedious at half the length, allowed my daughter to paint my fingernails sparkly blue, watched some random guy photograph some random girl who was wearing a long white dress and buried in colorful leaves, drank my very first (and probably last) pumpkin spice latte, and traveled back home again.

That's enough excitement for one weekend. I need a break! Time to get back to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried that pumpkin spice latte too--- it was HORRIBLE! ~ These are great pictures :) ~ Laura