Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Start shoveling

The problem with finals week is that my schedule is so loose that I think I have time to pack all sorts of things in and I end up not just busy but insanely busy at odd times with awkward amounts of space between commitments--which may or may not explain why I've graded only two papers since last Friday. I have a flurry of final papers and exams coming in starting Thursday, so I'd better start shoveling before the drifts get too high.

Plus there's all the eating to attend to. Wednesday is the only day this week without some sort of holiday event on the schedule, and on Thursday I could attend four different eating events between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. but you'd have to roll me home afterward.

At some point I need to do some shopping, make some candy, and write some cards, but this week isn't looking promising. Putting up the Christmas tree might be an idea. Maybe I'll save all the heavy lifting for after my son gets home. He's struggling through his own finals week followed by the long drive home in a slightly cranky car, so how will he respond if I let the flurry of holiday chores pile up and then hand him a shovel when he comes through the door?

Time to start shoveling.

No comments: