Friday, August 14, 2009

Friday poetry challenge: sound escapes

I'm feeling pretty slow today so I'm doing something simple--loading piles of good music onto my new iPod Shuffle. I need a variety--happy music, soothing music, mindless music, music to distract me from horrible side effects--and I'm accepting suggestions. What do you listen to when you need to escape? As usual, comments written in verse count double.

(I would write a silly limerick if I could figure out what rhymes with Michael Buble.)

2 comments:

Laura said...

A composer I like is named Chopin
I've listened to him without stoppin'
to his wonderful notes
I know some by rote
so he is my first suggestion

Then there's this other guy, Bach,
Whose theory's the foundational rock
his notes, they form clashes
like musical bashes
A musician I surely won't mock

If you're feeling incredibly mean-a
and you'd like to change your demeanor
Polyphony's best
to get weight off your chest
and listen to calm palestrina!

I'm sure I could go on and on
with composers I've liked for so long
beethoven, vivaldi,
john williams, morricone,
but the list should stop soon, so I'm done.

Joe said...

You should try some Irish synch pop Enya IPod. Enya IPod. Get it? Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!