Thursday, June 11, 2009

My miracle swimsuit

I hesitate to brag about my miracle swimsuit because then everyone will want one, but it's so terrific that I can't keep it to myself. My new swimsuit fits! Comfortably! And it looks terrific! And it was free! Mostly! Except for postage!

Let me explain: before I flew out to ASLE, I did some shopping in the Big City with my daughter and bought a new swimsuit, something I have not done in probably five years. (This suit is five sizes smaller than my previous purchase, which tells you something about those five years.) It cost more than I generally spend on a swimsuit but it looked stunning, so I couldn't resist.

I didn't take the suit to ASLE because swimming wasn't really in the game plan, so I didn't look too closely at it until after I got home, when I noticed that the sales clerk had failed to remove the security tag. How annoying. I have no plans to drive two hours back to the Big City to get that stupid ink tag removed.

So I called the store and explained my dilemma very calmly. There was some conferring with higher-ups on the other end, and then the clerk told me to mail it back to the store and they will remove the security tag, send the suit back to me, and credit my account for the full purchase price.

So today I'm putting it in the mail in the full confidence that it will return to me tag-free. One of these days I may even get to wear it. That's my kind of miracle.

2 comments:

Joy said...

Celebrate a beautiful swimsuit.

I'm tempted to recommend that, since the suit is so spectacular, and now free, you spend the money you'd already spent on the suit (a sunk cost - yes Dr. Delemeester, something stuck) and purchase another one.

I haven't had a great swimsuit since the one I left in a Savannah, Ga hotel room in 2000.

Arleth said...

Interesting post.!! I can't wait to see your swimsuit. PICS PICS PICS..