Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Attention deficit

Back in my new office ready to tackle the big pile of work I've been putting off until after the wedding...but first, I'd better empty out the last few boxes and file things away. Except now that I look at them, I remember why I haven't put them away already: I need to sort through them and toss some outdated stuff, which requires thought and attention, both in short supply at the moment.

So I'll leave that pile for later and take a look at my inbox: request for payment of bill, request for additional section of composition, request for extension from summer student...I can't think about all that right now. Let's close the inbox and take a look at the piles on the desk.

On second though, let's not. Too many small details need careful attention. Maybe I could decide where to hang the pictures in my new office, but that would require getting the last few boxes out of the way, which would require sorting through that wretched pile of files that seems to be growing by the minute. On such a lovely summer day, who can think about plagiarism documentation and assessment reports?

Could someone please come do my thinking for me?

No comments: