Thursday, September 25, 2008

Statuesque

"I'll sleep when I'm old," proclaims a campus poster, but apparently I'm not old yet because I haven't been doing much sleeping (except on Tuesday, when I took Zyrtec so I would stop sneezing long enough to make it through class and then went home and slept it off all afternoon), my wakefulness assured by persistent disturbing nightmares such as the one last night in which I was frantically trying to drive past the local golf course but found my progress impeded by a whole bunch of Stalin statues that had been knocked down and were lying in the road, and while driving through a statue-studded obstacle course might be annoying in itself, I found myself most frustrated by the question, "What's Stalin doing at the golf course?"

Somehow, waking up didn't help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least there was no food involved!