Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Summertime, sort of

This afternoon I've been transported to next summer without the benefit of a time machine. How? By writing a proposal for a summer research grant.

I can't tell you reliably what I'll be doing in the middle of next week, but today I have produced an action plan and timetable showing what I expect to be doing all next summer, research-wise. It's a little early to submit the proposal, but I want to write it while the research I've already done is still fresh in my mind. This has forced me to look over what I accomplished on this project in summer 2007, and you know what? It's pretty cool.

I just hope the faculty development committee finds it as cool as I do, because if I get the grant, I can spend all next summer immersed in this cutting-edge piece of literary scholarship without worrying about teaching summer classes. Go, grant proposal! Make it so!

No comments: